Tuesday, September 18, 2012

LAD #4 - Revolution Article

LAD #4 - Revolution Article



1. One new thing that I read in this article that I did not already know was that the Revolutionary War was the longest declared war that America has fought at more than eight years.

2. I also was unaware that twenty five percent of the people who served in the Continental Army were died, which is five percent more than in the Civil War, one I perceived to be the most deadly war of all.

3. It never struck me that the most famous people of the American Revolution were not military men at all, but civilian leaders, like Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin.

4. I now realize that the reason that I, as well as many other people, was oblivious to the fact that the Revolutionary War was such a deadly one, is because there have been so many other wars that have made the Revolution seem much less severe, when in fact it was quite terrible.

5. Another reason why I perhaps believed that the war was not as severe is because I always assumed that the American troops had good supplies. I now know that they were often poorly clothed and fed, to the point when some people were naked and people were eating pet dogs and shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment